Creating your own ornament wreath
This wreath is an easy-to-make decoration for Christmas or for everyday. You can make your wreath any color to fit your theme and your decorations. You can also give your wreath as a great gift.
1 12" foam wreath
Coordinating color spray paint
48 unbreakable ornaments (I used 2 coordinating colors with different textures)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
3 pipe cleaners
Coordinating wire edged ribbon
- Start by spray painting the foam wreath with spray paint. This helps bring the whole wreath together and makes the foam less distracting.
- Next take off the tops of your ornaments. This helps your ornaments stick into the wreath easier.
- Start off by spacing out your ornaments in the center of the wreath.
- Use the glue gun to apply glue around the top of the ornament and then push it into the foam. Sometimes you need to add pressure to the ornaments for up to 30 second to ensure it adheres to the styrofoam.
- Continue to add layers rotating textures and colors as best you can until the wreath is filled. Be careful not to go too far past the foam on the back of the wreath. Otherwise the wreath will not hang evenly.
- Once you have the ornaments attached, take two pipe cleaners and twist them together for a hanger. Weave them through the ornaments wrapping them around the foam at the top of the wreath.
- Finally create a six loop bow out of your coordinating ribbon. Tie the ribbon with your last pipe cleaner and then hook it around the top of the wreath where you hooked the hanger.
Enjoy your wreath and please comment if you have any questions.